1. CANNABIS BUTTER OR CANNABUTTER:
What You Need…
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of Ground Cannabis
Before starting with the process, you are required to “decarb” the cannabis flower you have. This is important to make potent and active cannabis-infused butter.
Cannabis buds release a non-intoxicating acidic cannabinoid known as THCA. When cannabis is smoked or vaporized, the heat converts THCA into THC, the molecule that produces euphoric effects or gets you high.
In the case of CBD edibles, the same procedure will be applied.
To decarbing the cannabis, set your oven to 2450 heat. Place cannabis buds on a non-stick, oven-safe tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Put the tray into the oven and set a timer for half an hour.
Also Read: How to choose the best quality of marijuana?
However, drier cannabis will need less time. For them, you can preheat the oven to 3000 F and heat for 10-18 minutes. Every 8-10 minutes, shake the tray to expose the buds as the surface area to the heat equally.
- Once 30 minutes are up, take them out and grind them coarsely with a hand grinder.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter into a stock pot or saucepan. Simmer on low and let the butter melt. Adding water will control the temperature and prevent the butter from scorching.
- As the butter starts to melt, put your coarsely ground cannabis product.
- Cook them at low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally. Don’t let the mixture come to a full boil.
- Strain the cannabutter by putting a funnel on top of a jar and line it with a cheesecloth. Let it cool off. Pour it over the cheesecloth funnel and let it strain freely. Avoid squeezing the cheesecloth as it may extract the pesky taste from the mixture.
- Put the jar of butter in the refrigerator. There may be the formation of water at the bottom of the jar. Therefore, use a knife to separate the solid butter.
You can use this cannabutter in your dishes, snacks or desserts. However, make sure to take appropriate doses.
2. MARIJUANA ICE CREAM:
What You Need…
- 1 and a half cup of weed cream
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 and a half tbsp. of honey
- ¾ of dry milk powder
- Half tbsp. xanthan gum
- 3 large eggs
- ½ kosher salt
How to Make It…
- Heat the weed cream and milk in a medium saucepan (simmer).
- Remove it from the heat, and put the rest of the ingredients except for the salt and eggs.
- Dissolve sugar and milk powder. It is normal if the xanthan gum is not dissolved totally.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl till you get a frothy mixture.
- Put all the ingredients back into the saucepan. Turn the heat back on low and bring the mixture up to 173 degrees. Stir it occasionally.
- Remove it from heat and add salt.
- Blend the mixture for one minute.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
Place the container in the deep freezer. Or you can put it into the ice cube filled the container so that it can be covered entirely. After an hour or two, take it out and add honey or maple syrup for adding sweetness to it. Spin the mixture in your ice cream machine. Serve it chilled!
3. Cannabis Infused Choco Mug Cake:
How to Make It…
Mix everything up. Once you are done with that, put some cannabis butter. Place it into your microwave and heat it for 3-5 minutes. Take it out and enjoy it hot!